Version 9.1 for on-premises is on the way!
There is a new big update for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement On-premises in the horizon which is planned for Q2 2021. Yay! This update is declared to contain major improvements for Unified Interface and some other usage features. We’ve been looking forward to see the v9 (v9.1) on on-premise systems for long, so this is good news.
And what’s new for Unified Interface in on-premise?
As you know the Unified Interface is using a responsive design principle to provide almost the same fluid experience on different screen sizes, devices and orientations. With this big update we’ll be able to see features that were only available on the online systems since now. Some of these features are;
- Enterprise Sales usability enhancements
- Improved data management with record sharing, bulk edit and merge capabilities
- Timeline usability enhancements
- Agent productivity enhancements for knowledge capabilities
- Case routing rules
- Advanced Find 🙂
- Hierarchy view
- Improved navigation experiences
- Main form dialog editing experience for queue items
- Hybrid experiences like Sharing
- Personal views
When is v9.1 due?
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement v9.1, On-premises update will be available in the download center in Q2 2021. Microsoft will announce the availability dates on March so you can plan your update schedule. Microsoft also clarified that upgrades from version 8.2 or version 9.0 to version 9.1 will be supported in order.
I hope it will be a painless transition.